Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yoohoo - it's the gasmen and dishwashers day

This weekend we are celebrating the gasmen and the dishwasher's day. The Oil and Gas Industry celebrate the oil-and gasmen. In the Hotel Business we celebrate the dishwashers. Imagine that without the natural gas the food had been cold and without those brave men and women washing dishes you would be eating on dirty plates. I celebrated with a bunch of other dishwashers, a big pot of boiled sheep and cabbage and too much Aquavit. It's Ramadan, but we drew the curtains and started before the sun set.


Early morning without warning
Woke me with a scare
I had that dream again
That the sun was dead

May be it was too much Gammel Reserve?

Gammel Reserve is a mix of Løitens Linie, Lysholms Linie and Gammel Opland. It's only missing some Siemers (burned twice)!

Manuel was the main speaker at our celebration. He's a splendid guy:

On behalf of collective of The Dishwashing division of The Hotel New Development and from myself personally I congratulate you on our professional holiday – Day of the worker of the hotel industry and specially all dishwashers!
It is a holiday of real masters of the business, professionals, brave people, able to overcome the most improbable barriers and to decide the challenges. From the bottom of the heart I wish you prosperity, responsible partners and economic stability in Russia and all over the world, and may our cooperation be stronger!
I wish you and your relatives health, happiness and well-being!

The girls were told to go home early Friday; courtesy of Mr Fawlty, of course. It's hard to be a woman here at the Hotel. Leaving office at 1 pm allows her to shop sausages, beer and vodka; before he arrives home.

Meet me in the summertime. Pearly lips and cherry wine. Moonshine in your hair. Just keep staring at the sun.

Me, I'm doing fine, but still missing a small car. Some of the guys around here got really big cars. I just need a small one, but can only dream.