Saturday, August 22, 2009

No colors anymore - I want them to turn black

Last week was a quiet week here in Moscow.

I see a red door and I want it painted black.
No colors anymore I want them to turn black.

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes. I have to turn my head until my darkness goes.

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black.



I look inside myself and see my heart is black. I see my red door and it has been painted black.



Our energy saving campaign has been very successful. The never resting hotel management recently launched a new research program on the use of colors. Manuel, our brilliant friend from Barcelona, was heading the program showing excellent leadership. "There are too many colors"; Manuel said, before writing a new order to be signed by the hotel management.

With a view of consumables saving and efficient utilization of color printers in the Hotel premises I Give an Order:



  1. To the Heads of all Hotel Departments:
    Ensure efficient utilization of paper and color printers. Preparation and copying of the presentation materials for the workshops should be made by using black-and-white printers in the right quantities only. Color printers should be used only in accordance with the instruction provided by the managers of structural subdivisions.

  2. Information transfer to another company should be executed only by using CD-discs (or smoke signals), without USB Flash-Card.

  3. Heads of Hotel Departments shall be charged with supervising;

    - office operating and employees work place conditions;

    Manuel Jose Milde Jesus Corcorcaedu, Head of Printing and Shredding Department, shall be charged with supervising;

    - efficient utilization of color printers

    Signed

    Hotel Director

    B Fawlty

Here in town autumn is sneaking in on us. Each morning brings more leaves in the streets. Soon colors will be gone and it's black or gray. Even the snow will be grayish and we'll walk around in black slush.

Until then we can enjoy nice squares and parks while it's still time. Visit VDNkH or the All Union Exhibition Center from 1937 with its beautiful gold covered fountain. The pavilions used to display communisms latest and greatest achievements. To day you'll find small shops.



As Mr Fawlty once said; "Colors, bloody colors", before finishing the refrain for the new song recorded for the hotels anniversary (his secret dream is to compete with the Gazprom and StatoilHydro songs at the yearly "How bad can it be?" show);



I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah!

No comments: